Monday, December 13, 2010

I have only 70 Rupees

Last Sunday, it happened to pass through Landa bazaar (Multan) with my friend. There was a huge crowd of people trying to purchase Jackets, Blankets, Joggers, etc.
My friend said to me, “Thanks to ALLAH, the poor have the place to purchase such things.’’
I told him he was wrong. He said while pointing towards the crowd. ‘’Don’t you see the crowd’’. I replied to him that I can see but these people are just trying to satisfy their hearts, they are too poor that these commodities are also expensive for them. He didn’t understand.
To show him we stopped nearby a cart where a Pathan was selling jackets and coats by calling 200 rupees, 200 rupees to attract people. Just by the side of cart there was standing an old woman with a young boy. They were watching the people buying jackets. The woman was the true example of poverty. She had become a cage of bones. The boy was wearing a torn off Shalwar Qameez and was shivering due to cold.
I asked them that why are they standing here, they should be purchasing something?
The boy replied, ‘’we are here to purchase a sweater but that man is not in the mood of concession and I have 70 rupees only.’’
My friend asked, ‘’don’t you have another one?
He replied, ‘’I had one which I bought from here 3 years ago which had torn off now. I need to buy a new one but I have 70 rupees only.’’
My friend immediately purchased one and handed it to the boy. The boy and old lady watched him with thanking eyes as if he was like an angel to them.
We then moved from there. He said you were right. The people come here with 7 notes of 10 and satisfy their hearts. But why can’t all this be removed?’’
I answered him, ‘’We should maintain a society on a small scale who collect funds from people like us and purchase the living necessities and provide those to such people.

But who would step forward to do this job.
Our all governments have failed to demolish dearness. Now it’s our time to do this!

Can we do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment